When it comes to education we need to stop pretending…
- That literacy; modeling, practice, and teaching is confined to the ELA classroom.
- That letter grades are the best way to inform us of the skills and competencies a student possesses.
- That… Rewards + Compliance = Learning.
- That the climate and the culture of a building doesn’t affect student learning or teacher morale.
- That technology will fix bad teaching.
My list contained many more thoughts, but these 5 resonated with me, as I hope they do you!
I challenge you to write about education and what we need to “Stop Pretending”. If you write a post, please tag it with #MakeSchoolDifferent